10 hours, 600 minutes or 36000 seconds. Regardless of how you look at it, class time on IA 2 disappears in the blink of an eye.
Here is a guide offering tips and tricks supporting you and your students squeeze value out of every second with
1. Students can learn, revisit or be directed to theory to become experts on chemical equilibrium systems or oxidation and reduction at their own pace.
Here is our first lesson on the ‘Nature of chemical reactions’ which explores the following syllabus dot points:
Want to go more specific? Here is a 2-minute section focusing on reactions going back and forth.
2. Two of my students missed a mandatory practical and now have hundreds of questions. What can I do?
Our expert teachers scaffold students through all mandatory practicals. Here is Katherine Roan breaking down the process of Mandatory Practical 2. This knowledge is essential to make informed decisions regarding the direction of their investigation modification.
1. Here is a section from Mandatory Practical 2 where Katherine supports students in presenting data and what to look out for. Students have this for every mandatory practical.
2. Remember the IA1 Data Test masterclass you used to support students in the previous assessment? The worked examples are gold in supporting students to master this section, too.
1. Explore the following sections from Mandatory Practical 2 where Katherine scaffolds the discussion.
Get your nights and lunchtime back through dedicating two lessons of your 10 hours of class time to draft consultation.
How? Working off a maximum of 25 students in your class, students are allocated a 5 minute draft consultation block during class time (That is a maximum of 125 minutes!). Students are active in the drafting process as they ask questions directly on their pain points. You can either
What do students do before/after their consultation?
Student agency is at the heart of this approach. To prepare for the consultation, they can put together a list of questions for you, the teacher. Next, they can use Edrolo to improve their understand and assignment through accessing theory videos and mandatory practical videos (Introduction, Method, Results and/or Discussion).
We have got you covered! Save the typing and instead copy/paste links to lessons and chunks. Preface with students that feedback includes content for ‘areas to consider’ in their assignment.
Have you found something on Edrolo you would love students to have a look at? You can find the video links in either the main menu OR in a video. For chunk links, these are found on the associated chunk!
Ideas for sharing